You are looking at moving home, why use a broker?
If you are looking at moving home the first thing I would do is build a relationship with a specialist broker who will work towards getting you a deal that suits your needs.
So why use a broker? There are several reasons for this:
• You will need to know what you can afford to pay each month also how much can you actually borrow. What purchase price you should be looking at? If you have any adverse credit or unusual circumstances do you know the best specialist lenders to approach for your situation? Remember no two clients are alike, there is no such thing as a one size fits all mortgage or lender.
• You might be on a fixed term mortgage deal, can you port it, that is move the existing mortgage to a new property? Is it worth porting or paying the early repayment charge to get a better deal if you need a larger mortgage?
• Most estate agents will not accept an offer on a property until you have got a decision in principle.
• Have you got enough protection to cover the new mortgage amount? Have you got any protection at all? You should have some form of life, income or critical illness cover (or a combination of the above) to protect the biggest asset you have and the people closest to you.
• And finally have you got the time to do all this whilst trying to sell a house, look for a new home, chase solicitors, work and look after your family? we take all this stress away from you.
We will hold your hand from start to finish and aim to take as much stress away from you as we can on your exciting journey. Our mortgage and protection advisers will gather all the relevant personal and financial information from you to help us provide you with a suitable recommendation and get you the deal that is best suited to you.
We are an independent mortgage advice firm and therefore we can search the whole mortgage market for you. We have the most amazing paraplanners who will then help guide you through the final stages of the process until you complete on your new home, we even arrange your buildings and content insurance leaving you to concentrate on the bigger things.